Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Isaiah 26:20-21

At first glance this passage appeared to be about God's fury. And when I first read it, I asked myself the question, "Can anything positive and happy be found here?" After reading it several more times, I was able to answer "yes."

Verse 21 briefly describes how great the LORD'S fury will be at the end of this age. But verse 2o shows how much love he has for his people. Through Isaiah, he warns them of his coming wrath, but also gives them time to hide safely from it.

God is capable great fury and wrath, but his love and compassion always come first. "The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance" (2 Peter 3:9, ESV).

1 comment:

Steve Isham said...

Thanks again for your reflections here. I visited your dad's website and sent him an email. Thanks for telling me.