Monday, June 8, 2009

Isaiah 32:1-8

I have been dwelling on these verses for a long while now, unable to understand what God is saying here through Isaiah, the prophet.

As I’ve read this passage over and over again, I have found encouragement and peace and rest.  I have taken solace knowing that I can, and one day will, find peace and rest from the difficulties of life.  Evil will not endure forever but will fall.  I have found encouragement and confidence in verse 8. 

And yet I have been continually at a loss for words to express my thoughts on these verses.  Perhaps the reason is that they are prophetic.

Behold.

Stop.

Pay attention.

A king will reign in righteousness.  CHRIST, our LORD, will reign in righteousness (Revelation 11:15).

No matter how hard or bad or difficult life gets, and it will get harder, we as Christians have the hope of one day, and possibly sooner than we might think, living under the declared reign of Christ, the king of righteousness.  And we will rule with him (Eph 2:6).

Isaiah 32:2-5 tells us what the reign of Christ will be like.

Are you looking eagerly for Christ’s return?  Staying alert, lest you be caught off guard? Let these verse serve as a reminder and an encouragement that God will triumph over evil and that Christ will return to establish his kingdom and to reign in righteousness. 

No comments: