Monday, June 29, 2009

Isaiah 33

As I read this chapter yet again I am filled with a strange sense of joy and peace and brokeness--joy at the future which awaits me, a future in Zion in the very presence of the Almighty God of the universe; peace at the hope this brings, at the very fact that nothing, nor anyone, in this world can seperate me from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39); but brokenness in the realization that in the past couple weeks I have drifted off the narrow path, been distracted by the desires of the world, and forgotten the hope, the joy, and the future I have in heaven.

I believe it's important to remember and think about our future in Paradise with God. If nothing else, it gives us hope in this chaotic world and gives us a reason to keep fighting, to keep living for God. It gives us a reason to walk righteously, speak truthfully, despise the gain of oppression, deal honestly and with integrity, turn away from evil (Isaiah 33:15)...

No comments: