Thursday, June 21, 2007

Isaiah 26:1-6

"In that day..."(v.1). Based on the previous chapter, this "day" occurs in heaven, in eternity. And so we get look at a song we will sing to God. (Now may be good time to start learning it). But what I wish to point out this morning is verse 4--"Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock" (ESV). All the verses in the passage, as well as this entire passage, and perhaps even all of scripture, point to the message of this verse.

The last thing my grandfather ever said to me before he went home, was that no matter what happens in life, remember to trust in the Lord. And as I continue my journey through life, I continually learn more and more the meaning and depth of this verse and my grandfather's advice.

So whether your facing difficulties and hardships or God's abundant grace and blessings (and especially the latter), don't forget to "trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock."

2 comments:

The Borg said...

Just thinking about you remembering your grandfather's words. We just don't know who will be paying attention and remembering... and then changed and motivated by what we say. I remember my uncle Ben well and often think about some of the things he told me.

Steve Isham said...

Shiloh was logged on when I posted the above comment. It's from me, not her.