Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Isaiah 12

There are many things in life and in this fallen world of which I am thankful to God for. But one of the biggest things I am most thankful is for his living, vibrant Word. For through this Word he speaks to us. I read the whole chapter 12 this morning, but really it was the first 2 verses I needed to hear.
"You will say in that day:
'I will give thanks to you, O LORD,
for though you were angry with me,
your anger turned away,
that you might comfort me.

'Behold, God is my salvation;
I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation'" (vv1-2, ESV).

As I face the new day and all that it has to offer me, both good and bad, joys and sorrow, victories and defeats, trials, testings, and new understandings into the truth of God and his character, I know that through it all, God is and will be my strength and song. He alone has given me hope to live, he alone can bring me true and complete comfort, he alone knows my future and will guide me safely each step of the way. "For great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel" (v6, ESV).


No comments: