Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Isaiah 13

The thing with Isaiah, or the whole Bible really, is that it is not one big, happy book where everything is nice and comforting and encouraging. There are large chunks that don't seem to make sense, or are confusing or discouraging or what have you. There are even some passages in the Bible that I wish were not there.

I am tired this morning and feeling the need to read something encouraging and uplifting, something that would inspire me and give me hope as I face the day. That is what I wanted to read and hear in my quiet time before God. Instead I read chapter 13 of Isaiah--the complete opposite of what I was hoping for.

But this chapter is in the Bible and so I must trust and believe that God can still speak to me and teach me despite the seemingly depressing content. This is what I have taken from the chapter:

The LORD is a very mighty and powerful god. He is a god to be feared. He is the God and is not to be taken lightly.

No comments: