Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Isaiah 22:15-25

To better understand this passage, and perhaps the character of God and why he acted in such a troubling way, I would suggest to you reading 2Kings 18.

But what I was to focus on in this passage is verses 22-25. It was the analogy of the peg that really stood out to me. The main question I had here was who or what does the peg represent? The read this passage several times in the ESV, NIV, and finally in the NASB. (Of the three translations, my favorite one here is the NASB).

I am not sure if this is the correct interpretation, and if it is not, please correct me, but I am thinking the peg represents Christ. And if it does, then verse 25 describes the crucifixtion. When Christ died, he took on the burden of the world! every sin committed by every human being from the beginning to the Judgment Day.

Colossians 2:13-14 explains it well. And by conquering the cross through his resurrection, Christ proclaimed absolute and final victory over darkness, over sin.

As a Christian then, a follower of Christ, apprenticed to him, I have no reason at all for living and walking a defeated life. Christ has made me new!

No comments: