Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Isaiah 24:17-23

Nothing, not people or any other creation of God, can withstand his full glory, "For the windows of heaven are opened, and the foundations of the earth tremble" (v.18b, ESV). This passages shows that quite well. It's a prophesy of the future--future to Isaiah and future to us. It is a prophesy of the Judgment Day.

But the verse that stood out to me, more than any other, was the last verse: "Then the moon will be confounded and the sun ashamed, for the LORD of hosts reigns on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, and his glory will be before his elders" (v.23, ESV, emphasis added).

If there is only one reason, one motivation for doing anything, it should be to bring God as much glory as possible. This should be the reason why we seek to improve, why we strive to be the best that we can be in whatever it is we do.

As I seek to apply this to my life, I realize that it will not be easy. It will take constant reminders that what I am doing is ultimately to bring as much glory to my creator as possible. This alone should be the driving force, the ultimate motivation behind everything I do!

I Corinthians 10:31-- "So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." (See also, Romans 16:27, Philippians 4:20, Jude 1:25, Revelation 14:7).

No comments: