Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Isaiah 19:16-25

What joy to know that God cannot be angry forever. My heart is filled with overwhelming joy and happiness when I read verse 21, "And the LORD will make himself known to the Egyptians, and the Egyptians will know the LORD in that day and worship with sacrifice and offering, and they will make vows to the LORD and perform them." It continues as I read on, climaxing with verse 25, "...the LORD of hosts has blessed, saying, 'Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel my inheritance.'"

God created ALL people, not just Jews. It is true that Jews are his chosen people, and because of that they have a special place in God’s heart and kingdom. But God also created everyone else too (John 1:3).

I guess because there is so much evil talked about Egypt and Assyria throughout the Old Testament, to see that even them, God has not completely abandoned, fills me with hope. If he calls Egyptians his people and Assyrians the work of his hands, then what does that mean for me except that NOTHING I do will be able to separate me from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39).

No comments: