Monday, April 23, 2007

Isaiah 21:13-17

Laziness has prevented me from writing here for the last few days. During that time, however, I have been thinking about this passage. Every time I have read these few verses, trying to understand what they mean, I have been struck by the very last comment made in verse 17, "for the LORD, the God of Israel, has spoken" (ESV).

For the LORD has spoken. How powerful those simple words are. Christ is the truth (John 14:6). Christ is God (John 1:1,14). All knowledge and wisdom and truth is found in God (Proverbs 1:7). So when we here the words "the LORD has spoken," we should heed them. For who can change what God has said?

But to take this even further, we should heed ALL of scripture, for scripture is God's word, and God's word is Truth. God has spoken, and the Bible that we have today is that spoken word. How amazing it is to think that when we read the scriptures, we are reading, hearing, the very words of the Great, Almighty God of the Universe.

"Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD God Almighty, who was and is and is to come" (Revelation 4:8)


(I am adding this link this morning because I feel it is appropriate to what I learned. John Piper also does a better job at explaining it than I could http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/TasteAndSee/ByDate/2007/2021_The_Morning_I_Heard_the_Voice_of_God/)

No comments: