Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Isaiah 22:1-11

Two things in this section of scripture stood out to me as I read it this morning. The first is verse 4: "Therefore I said: 'Look away from me; let me weep bitter tears; do not labor to comfort me concerning the destruction of the daughter of my people'" (ESV). How his heart had broke towards his people and pained him so to see them not look to God for help. If only I could have a heart for all people, the way Isaiah had for the Jews.

The second thing that stood out to me was verse 11b: "But you did not look to him who did it, or see him who planned it long ago" (ESV). Every victory and triumph, every success and accomplishment, is achieved ONLY because of God. Long before we were even thought of, he set things in motion that would bring about our successes and victories. We should, therefore, never think we did it on our own. Rather we should fall to knees and thank God for the success and victory he gave to us.

Let us never forget to praise God, especially in times victory and success.

No comments: